Ok some of you know how much I love to read and share random facts in the blog world. It gives you a tiny insight into a person’s life and personality!
So thanks so much to Rebecca from Blueberry Smiles for nominating me for this awesome and fun award!
Here are the Rules:
- Tell us 11 random things about yourself. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
- Contact them and let them know they have been tagged.
so here we go……11 random facts about Helen, Naturally!
- I moved out of my parent’s house when I was 17. Yes, obviously since I have an M.A. in CSD I did graduate high school, lol! I was actually still 17 when I graduated, and then moved out the summer after.
- I was 22 years old when my mom had my baby sister! Yes I was totally shocked, yes I cried for a week because I didn’t want her to have another girl ( I was only girl ), and yes we have the same dad too!
- My best friend from high school and I bonded in 4th grade. I stole her barbies. No true story, that is how we became best friends!
- I have a fear of falling. Not just falling as in tripping over my feet, but actually falling from up high. Let me try to explain it. I am not scared of heights. I love the mountains and looking out at the scenery. Just don’t ask me to walk down from a super high place. I totally will get dizzy and shaky. I can barely do stairs in a stadium!
- I refuse to drive in the outside lane when driving over a large bridge! Another crazy fear of mine is to have an accident on a bridge that would cause me to go over the side. Therefore I try to avoid the outer land as much as possible.
- I love the show Sex And The City! I have seen every episode, have both movies, and will still always watch the reruns when they are playing on t.v.
- I was a model for a “fashion show” for career day in 12th grade. They had two girls from each high school in the parish I lived in (yes we call them parishes as opposed to counties) that modeled an outfit from a local clothing store at the career fair.
- I would prefer to have a cooking show on t.v. than be a famous model/singer/actress.
- I could live in high heels! I work with small kids so I rarely wear heels to work, but I absolutely adore heels.
- I changed my major three times in college before I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Wait, who am I kidding! I still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up, haha!!
- I once had a guy as a roommate. As in an actual roommate not a live in boyfriend. Best roommate ever!!
Now there are 12 little random facts about me. Some of you may have known these facts (all or some) while this is all new info to others. Now I have to answer my questions from Rebecca!
1) If you had 2 weeks and unlimited funds……where would you vacation? This is so easy for me…Europe! Unfortunately I would need more than two weeks to travel since there are so many places in Europe I would love to visit
2) If _____ is on the menu at a restaurant, I always order it This for me would most likely be tuna steak!
3) I never leave home without____________ My phone and my lip gloss!
4) What’s a skill/hobby you want to learn? I honestly would love to learn about painting.
5) What’s a food you’ll never eat? Hmmmm, there are several. Let’s say octopus at this point.
6) What magazine do you read every single month? At the moment Better Homes and Gardens because I had a free subscription, but honestly I rarely but/order magazines.
7) What’s something you’ve learned about yourself from blogging? I have learned that it is ok to let go and enjoy life. We can’t all be the perfect size, shape, person. I was so focused on being a healthy eater and exercising a few years ago that I was developing an unhealthy relationship with food. Once I began blogging and reading other healthy lifestyle blogs, I realized that the road I was traveling down wasn’t a healthy lifestyle. It is never healthy to deny yourself something because you are afraid of how it will affect the way you look. I know fully enjoy all foods/drinks without guilt. I try to live an 80/20 lifestyle, but I do admit that sometimes life happens. I no longer stress over everything I eat or drink!!
8) Best blogging advice? Just be yourself! No matter what you talk about as long as you are true to yourself people will not only read your blog, but they will look forward to new posts!!
9) Guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate and Channing Tatum!!
10) What advice would you give to your 15 year old self? No guy is worth trying to change who you really are for!
11) Are you introverted or extroverted? Extroverted
Now time for me to pick 11 bloggers and 11 questions……
- How old were you when you began cooking?
- What is your favorite clothing item?
- Do you prefer heels or flats?
- What is your favorite t.v. show or movie?
- Would you rather a five star restaurant or a local dive?
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- What is your favorite go to snack?
- Rice or pasta?
- What is our Favorite lip product?
- What is one thing you can not live without?
- What is the number one trait you need/look for in your significant other?
For the 11 bloggers………
- Farrah @ Fairy Healthy Life
- Jenn @ Peas and Crayons
- Lauren @ Lauren Loves Good Food
- Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife
- Madison @ Espresso and Cream
- Amy @ Army Amy
- Amy @ Sweet Star Cakes
- Justina @ Fail Sweetly
- Ali @ Running With Spatulas
- Ari @ The Diva Dish
- Stephanie @ The New Healthy
I’m off to finish packing for our anniversary trip! I will be Missouri bound by 4 a.m.!!! Anyone know of any good eats in the Branson area let me know about them