This is going to be my new theme song, lol!! I went for a lovely jog around mid-morning, and it seems that no matter what direction I start with, I end up running against the wind. So today’s workout was great🙂
- 2 & 1/4 miles jogging
- 1/2 mile brisk walk
- 1 mile with sprints alternating walk/run
- 1/4 mile walk to cool down
Came home to refuel after the workout with 1/2 apple & coconut water. No pic😦 I switched cameras in the middle of the day.
Lunch was pretty simple this afternoon. Kohl and I enjoyed some yogurt with grape nuts & pomegranate seeds. I enjoyed a cinnamon roll cappuccino with mine!
I have been at the neighbors this afternoon to see their new home. They are finally moving in this week, after spending 2 years building it. But at least they will not have a mortgage. That has to be worth the 2 years it has taken to finish it! Of course it is beautiful and makes me want to build a new one.
The star of tonight’s dinner was none other than…..
All of the recent posts with Chili Pumpkin Bowls put me in the mood to stuff one myself. I didn’t use chili per say but very similar.
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- Chopped onion, red bell pepper, garlic
- olive oil
- bulgar wheat
- eggplant & mushrooms
- chili powder
- Prepare the pumpkin by removing the top and cleaning out the middle. Reserve those seeds for roasting! Sprinkle with some sea salt & pepper, place in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Chop up the eggplant & mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, & pepper. Roast in the oven with the pumpkin.
- Saute onion & bell pepper in olive oil. Add the garlic & saute one more minute. Add can of tomatoes & beans. Sprinkle with chili seasoning to desired taste.
- Prepare bulgar wheat according to directions.
- Mix some of the tomato mixture, bulgar wheat, and roasted veggies in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pumpkin. Increase oven temp to 400 and roast another 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is fork tender. Enjoy!
Such a hearty, comforting meal! I am so stuffed from eating it. The pumpkin is really good with the filling. I can’t wait to experiment with different fillings :)
I did have some pumpkin remaining in the shell after eating. I have it in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week. Fresh pumpkin, yum yum!
Probably will not have room for dessert tonight. I am preparing to make some of my homemade granola, and spend some time with the hubster. Will have a post with recipe for the granola in the morn. Night all!