Mmmmm, pancakes! One of my favorite breakfasts. I normally reserve my pancake days for Saturdays; however, considering that the hubster had me awake before dawn for fishing this past weekend, well that didn’t happen. So what better way to start of Monday than with my beloved oatmeal pancakes.
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbs. flax seed (ground)
- 1 tbs. wheat germ
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then cook in a pan as you would a pancake. Watch them carefully since they do not bubble like original pancakes. When the pancake moves with a shake of the pan, it is ready to be flipped.
- Top with maple syrup, or your choice of topping and Enjoy!
Such a wonderful breakfast! Now I promised on my last post that I would have a granola recipe for you guys. Last night while the hubster was watching his football I made some of my homemade granola. I swear I could eat this stuff by the pound. It includes my favorite ingredients 🙂
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nut of your choice
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs. agave nectar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300. Line baking sheet with parchment or spray baking sheet with clean cooking spray. Mix first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Stir honey and oil in saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Pour the honey mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat; spread on baking sheet, and bake about 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes for even browning. Mix in fruit & chocolate chips.
This is an easy quick granola recipe, and I have yet to find another one that I like better. I actually took ingredients from two recipes and made this one. You can easily change out the seasonings & sweetners to suite your tastes.
Today was pretty uneventful for a Monday, thank goodness!! I had a little snack around 9 this morning. I used the last of my Vanilla Caramel Truffle Tea 😦 Note to self-replace ASAP! Of course my snack included some of my granola!
Yogurt with vanilla protein powder, pomegranate seeds, granola, nectarine, and tea. A nice little morning snack to get me through til lunch!
Lunch today was some leftover stuffing from last night’s pumpkin on top of a small bed of spinach. Very filling!
I also packed along a satsuma that I will probably eat 1/2 with lunch and the other 1/2 with my afternoon snack. I was so excited to see this at the produce stand! I have said that I was going to plant some trees this year but that hasn’t happened! Must get to planting soon, I love these things.
I also packed along some cherry tomatoes and roasted red pepper hummus for this afternoon. I will enjoy a cup of my peach tea with this!
Dinner tonight was a mixture of items from the produce drawer in the fridge plus a boiled egg that must be eaten. The hubster grilled some pork chops. I am not feeling the chops so much. Not a big fan of pork chops, and it is still hard to actually chew on anything. I had some kale chips, roasted mushrooms, roasted sweet potatoes, boiled egg, and a bulgar salad with spinach & soybeans dressed with rice vinegar & sesame oil!
I think my plate looks pretty and tasty! I have dessert in the fridge for later.
- cream of wheat
- pumpkin pie spice
- dried fruit of choice ( I used apples & apricots
- hot water
- Sweetner of choice ( I used honey)
- Dice 1/2 cup of dried fruits and place in bowl of hot water. Set to the side.
- Cook the cream of wheat according to package directions. I like to use almond milk to cook mine in but water will be fine.
- Add pumpkin & spices to cream of wheat. I used 1/4 of a cup. If you are making a larger batch then add the amount you will need.
- Drain the fruit and mix in with the cream of wheat. Add sweetner of choice.
- Put the cream of wheat in a ramekin, dessert dish, or tea cup. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill & set.
- If using a ramekin or tea cup, lightly mist with non stick spray. It will form a mold in the cup. Place a small saucer over the cup and turn upside down to serve.
Going to go watch a little Monday night football with the hubster.
Anyone watch sports with the guys?