Before we get to the good stuff, I want to share a little bit of my morning with you. I love, love, love when the hubster is home on the weekends. Why, you might ask? Well of course because
he spoils me I love him!
This is what I had waiting on me upon awakening this morn – a warm fire and hot coffee 🙂
What’s not to love about that?
On to more exciting things….
Happy World Nutella Day! Have I got a treat just for you.
Grilled Banana & Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- 1/2 banana, sliced & grilled
- 1T nutella
- 2 slices ww bread
- 1 egg
- 2T almond milk
- 1T cinnamon
- vanilla stevia drops
- Smear Nutella in on one slice of bread, place the grilled bananas on the bread, and top with the second slice.
- Mix egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla stevia in a bowl, whisk until well combined.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the pan to brown.
- Top with toppings of choice
I topped my French toast with a good smear of chocolate coconut cream I had left over in the fridge (heated for a few seconds), strawberries, and a small drizzle of maple syrup – I mean what is French toast without maple, right?
*I first discovered coconut cream on HEAB. It.is.so.friggin.good. I mixed 2T coconut flour with 1/8 cup almond milk, add a few bittersweet chocolate chips and place in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir well to melt chocolate. You now have chocolate coconut cream!*
That is a beauty.
Your plate will look like this, I promise!
p.s. this is a great breakfast for Valentine’s day.
p.p.s. you can use any type of nut butter and/or fruit for the stuffing.
Happy World Nutella Day!