We had quite the adventure today! Saturday is a great day to go on an adventure wouldn’t you say so yourself? While today’s adventure didn’t make us feel, look, or act like Indiana Jones (or at least some of us) this is what we got out of it:
- Happiness – because two little boys are happy
- A slight shade of pink to our nose
- Aching feet
- The feeling your legs get after walking miles & miles & miles
- A stuffed dog & some crazy looking ball
The boys and I met up with the hubster at a festival today. Yes, people in Louisiana (especially in the “country”) will have a festival for just about anything. This weekend it was the Sicilian Festival. The hubster’s fishing club had a booth set up at the festival for pastalaya dinners, which means we can’t dodge this one!
Our day included a little of this……
I love seeing the smiles on my boy’s faces when they are doing something fun. We really enjoyed our little family time today. The only down fall. The carnival food 😦
You know what I’m talking about. Walking around smelling funnel cakes, pizza, corn dogs, candy apples, etc, etc. Smells delicious, looks delicious, but my oh my what is lurking in that food. Here is where the OCD kicks in. I have no idea about the people that work those things. I can’t imagine the germs that are lurking around because honestly do you think those little booths get cleaned very well. I am not to keen on letting my family eat that stuff. Not to mention how ridiculous the prices are!
So what is a mom to do after smelling that stuff all day. Cuz you know you are so wanting that funnel cake now. Make my own funnel cake, um no that is too much work for this little momma after a day of festival activities. But I do have a treat in mind…
Chocolate Chip Cookies 🙂
These are true cookies. Real butter, real eggs, and sugar. After all the boy’s aren’t to keen on momma’s “healthy chocolate chip cookies”. Of course if I would have made those I could have kept the entire batch to myself….I will keep that in mind next time.
- 1/2 c turbinado sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c butter, softened
- 2.25 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c chocolate chips of choice
- pre heat oven to 375
- place the egg, sugars, and butter in your mixers bowl and mix on low blended well. Or mix in a large bowl with hand held mixer.
- combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mix well.
- stir in the chocolate chips.
- drop on baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a small spoon about 2 inches apart.
- bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
You can also add nuts to the cookies if you would like. My boy’s do not like nuts in cookies so I leave them out. These are so much better than any treat you could have found at the festival 🙂
You will need to have some will power when you make these cookies. If you have none, find someone that will be willing to hide them from you. Even if you threaten to beat them with the stuffed animal you won at the festival.