There are days when I wish I was a calm, cool and collective person in all situations.
There are days when I wish that we had an extra day to our weekends.
There are days when I wish that it were ok to partake in an adult beverage at 8 a.m., hey it’s 5 o’clock somewhere right?
There are days that I wish I would have been early as opposed to late so the major minor set back wouldn’t be so bad.
And then there are the days when the hubster wished that I would wait until after 8 a.m. to call and yell at him.
This has been one of those days!
After discovering that my check engine light was on, and having my car all most die out on me while driving down the road (because the hubster said it was ok to drive – even though the car has been “acting up” for two days) barely making it back into my drive way. I was so wishing it was one of those days!
Thank goodness I am glad that my hubster has a work truck – that way I have the honor of driving his beloved clunk of junk truck to work.
But it is better because now I am calm, cool, and collected, I can partake in that adult beverage if my little heart so desires, and the hubster is thankful that I am no longer yelling.
Oh and having the most amazing flounder with quinoa & broccoli casserole for dinner helps also 🙂
Founder with white remoulade sauce
- flounder fillets
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T parsley
- 2T green onion
- 2T pickle relish
- dash of garlic powder
- 1T olive oil
- 2t lemon juice
- 1t Creole mustard
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- dash pepper
- preheat grill or griddle and spray with non stick spray.
- season fish and grill until cooked through
- mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and serve on top of grilled fish
Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
- 1 small pkg of frozen broccoli pieces
- 1/2c quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, shredded
- splash of almond milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- combine the broccoli, quinoa, and broth in a sauce pan and cook until quinoa is done and liquid absorbed
- add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine
This was a nice and light dinner. It was also quick and easy = perfect for a Monday evening. Especially the Monday’s that have you writing a wish list.