Want to see what I had for breakfast this morning?
Do you want to see?
Of course you do – don’t call me names, laugh, or tease. If you do I just may have to dish it back out!
Pumpkin Protein Packed Overnight Oats In A Jar
Wow what a name, or as I like to refer to it – Triple P overnight oiaj.
I must admit that I still had a can of pumpkin left from the holidays so I decided I better go ahead and use it. Let’s just claim that this is my “orange you glad it’s spring” breakfasts – mmk!
In the mix:
- 1/4c greek yogurt
- 1/4c pumpkin
- 1/3c oats
- 1T chia seeds
- 1T flax
- 1T wheat germ
- 1T Nuttzo
- 1/3 c almond milk
- 1/3 c water
- 1/2t almond extract
- few drops of vanilla stevia
- 1/8c chopped nuts and fruits from trail mix
Lots of good stuff in there 🙂
I will continue with some of my “orange you glad it’s spring” breakfasts through out the week – maybe a snack or two 🙂
I have to admit that as sucky as my Monday was, I am soo glad it was yesterday and not today. Today was crazy busy! Here is a glimpse into my work day.
Today’s to do list:
- breakfast – check (don’t laugh this is on my to do list daily)
- Headstart – check
- progress reports – check
- IEP – 1/2 check, got to finish this tomorrow
- screenings – check, more tomorrow
- ESY paper work – not happening today ** due on Friday**
- write out tomorrow’s to do list – check
- ball practice x 2 – check
- head for the border – check & check
I interrupt this schedule to bring you this:
- venison enchiladas
- Mexican fiesta salad w/ avocado dressing
- taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese
Yep, I used the short cut method on these and purchased the pre-mixed taco seasoning. Just be sure to get the low sodium mix. Topped with some plain greek yogurt and salsa.
Mexican Fiesta Salad w/ avocado dressing
- spinach or lettuce of choice
- 1/2 can corn kernels
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- diced tomato
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- diced red onion, may omit
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 3T greek yogurt
- 3T salsa
- 1/4t garlic powder
- 1/2t onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- layer your salad with the spinach, corn, beans, tomato, avocado, and onion.
- mix the other 1/2 avocado, lemon juice, yogurt, and salsa in small bowl.
- pour dressing over salad and enjoy
Now all I need is a beach, margarita, spf, and a lounge chair 🙂
On second thought I may not even need the lounge chair if the margaritas flow freely!