Like those homophones? Yeah me too!
Especially when they are all combined together as with the foods I will share with you today.
Remember my single lady oats. Well I just made them even better 🙂
How did I make them better you ask. Well I made a blend of yummy overnight oats with chia seeds in them. This is my basic overnight oats recipe, recipe here, but you add in a tablespoon of chia seeds. I am telling you those things make the mixture so much creamier. But I didn’t stop there. I added sliced cherries and blueberries to the mix 🙂
But the fun didn’t stop there. Oh no it didn’t. I made a lovely buckwheat bake. A berry, cherry buckwheat bake at that!
Berry Cherry Buckwheat Bake
- 3T buckwheat groats, ground
- 1T whole buckwheat groats
- 1/4t baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1T chia seeds
- 1T flax
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 whole egg
- dash of vanilla
- stevia drops
- 2T almond milk
- sliced cherries and blueberries
- preheat oven to 350 and spray ramekins with non stick spray
- combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl
- combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl
- make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet
- mix together well and add the cherries/blueberries
- bake for 30 minutes or until center is firm to the touch
Of course at this point you can add whatever toppings you choose. I used peanut butter and maple syrup 🙂
I loved the mixture of sweet cherries and the tart blueberries. I do believe this is a new favorite combo for me, I will be seeing more of this combination in my future!
So where does the merry come in? It’s Friday!! Yep, I had those lovely overnight oats for breakfast this morning. Did I have the buckwheat bakes. I had the buckwheat bakes last night for dinner, which is how they ended up on this post. How are they merry? Um, it was Thursday night, last day of testing, and it was the night before Friday!
So go ahead make yourself one of these lovely treats and have yourself a berry, cherry, merry day 🙂