Wow, what a Friday! Work is usually a little more relaxed on Friday’s compared to the rest of the week. Not the case today. Of course with it being the end of the school year I have a lot of paperwork to close out. Oh and did I mention that I have to pack up my room?
Well I do! But I am excited about this 🙂
You see as a speech therapist I always get the shaft when it comes to work space. For some reason it doesn’t seem necessary to give a therapist a nice classroom since teachers are more important. Or that is what most administrators think. So I have been in the corner of the band room the entire time I have worked at my school.
Literally, a corner! I mean who can work in a corner? Oh and not to mention that when the band teacher is there in the mornings, I can’t see any students. Or get much work done for that matter? Have you ever tried to type an IEP (which happens to be a legal document that has to be void of mistakes) while the band is playing? What, you haven’t tried that? Well you should. Especially if you want something that will make you go completely insane!
So what is the point of telling you this……..I am getting my own room! Finally I have a new principal that agrees that it is important for me to have a room 🙂
But enough about me, let’s talk cookies. Not just any cookies but great cookies. Cookies with flavor. Cookies with spice. Cookies that are all natural!
Mary Ann McCormick from Lark Fine Foods sent me a wonderful package of their cookies to review. Some of the best cookies I have had the pleasure to try! I tell you guys, when they say cookies for grown-ups, they mean cookies for grown-ups. Which is great for me because I do not have to worry about my cookies being eaten up by the little ones 🙂
Lark cookies are highly flavorful, not overly sweet, delightfully unexpected. A family owned company, Lark makes cookies by hand in small batches using fresh, natural ingredients.
Made by hand using fresh, natural ingredients. I am sold! These cookies are unique. They offer several varieties that give you an unexpected flavor.
Let’s look at a rundown of what they offer:
- The Cha-Cha’s are a spicy, rich chocolate cookie. This cookie has a good spice to it but not overpowering. It hits your tongue just enough to let you know that it is there.
- The mighty Gingers are intensely flavored with ginger.
- The Coco Locos are buttery with tasted coconut and rum.
- Polenta Pennies – need I say more, a cookie made with polenta and a hint of lemon.
- The Lady Birds are a whole wheat oat cookie with cranberries and chocolate chips.
- The shortbreads – not just your ordinary shortbread. Oh no, those little beauties are lightly dusted with sea salt and seasoned with rosemary. Goes perfect with your plate of pasta.
- Scpourtins – another bistro style cookie that I feel in love with from the first bite are the Scourtins. They are traditional french style wafers, but they are sweet and savory because they contain olives. That’s right, olives. In a cookie! Believe me they are good. I have a few every time I eat a grilled sandwich of some type.
- Snowballs – my absolute favorite cookie. Of course I have always known these cookies as Mexican wedding cookies. It wasn’t until I married my husband that I had heard these cookies referred to as snowballs. The Italians bake cookies for all occasions and this is one of the cookies that they make. Love them! They are soft, buttery cookies that are loaded with pecan pieces and rolled in confectioner’s sugar. That is a cookie after my heart 🙂
You guys have to check out the website for sure. The ingredients list on the cookies are amazing. I am very impressed with the products and the company. Not mention the packaging and names are really cute 🙂
Thanks so much Mary for the opportunity to review your wonderful products!
Disclaimer: all views expressed in this blog review are my own opinions. I am in no way being compensated by Lark Fine Foods.