I have been promising to join in the party for many weeks now, and well – a promise is a promise!
Today I present to you the first ever……..
Helen, Naturally – What I Ate Wednesday
BREAKFAST – the most important & loved meal of the day 🙂
- whole wheat english muffin with fried egg & steak sauce
- cottage cheese w/ sliced banana, cinnamon, and honey
- artichoke hearts
- cucumber slices
- grilled hamburger (from last night’s dinner)
- ranch dressing
cliff bar (help I’m addicted) I have been using these as replacements for candy bars since vacation. Trying to tame that sweet tooth again……lol!
- pork loin
- baked corn
What? You’ve never had baked corn?
- 16 oz fresh/frozen corn kernels (I am fortunate to have some in the freezer from Dad’s garden)
- 1/2 c milk
- 2T butter or butter substitute
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
Place corn in an over safe casserole dish. Beat the egg and milk together, pour this over the corn. Cut the butter into chunks and drop over the mixture. Sprinkle on some salt & pepper, and place the dish in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
That’s it – super easy. Taste great too 🙂