Hi guys, it’s that time again!
What I Ate Wednesday 🙂
Breakfast: Overnight Oats & Coffee
Lunch: Corn, Avocado, & Tomato Salad Wraps, watermelon chunks, & water
Dinner: Stuffed Peppers, Roasted Squash, Salad
Snacks: Greek Yogurt, Homemade Ice Cream (Sugar Free)
So you want my sugar free recipe do you? Okay I will share. I am super excited about this one!
Almond Ice Cream (Sugar Free)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2t NuNaturals stevia no carb powder
- 1/2c almond milk
- half pint light whipping cream
- 1/4t almond extract
- Pre-freeze bowl in freezer, when ready to begin place in a bigger bowl and surround with ice water
- Place the almond milk in a sauce pan over medium-low heat to begin heating
- Whisk the egg yolks and stevia powder together
- Add the milk to the egg yolks and whisk well
- Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and heat stirring constantly until coats the back of your spoon
- Strain the mixture into the bowl to stop the cooking and stir occasionally until it is cooled
- Whisk in the cream and almond extract
- Place bowl in freezer, take out every couple hours to stir
This process was much quicker because the recipe was cut in half (I made another batch of regular vanilla for hubster and guests), and the bowl was a wide/shallow bowl so freeze time was faster. Of course you can double or even triple this recipe to accommodate the amount needed. It tastes a-maz-ing! I am so in love with this recipe, and it’s sugar free!!
We are having our neighbors over for dinner tonight so of course the request was made for more homemade ice cream. It was a big hit Monday. So I decided to try my hand at a slightly healthier one by cutting the sugar. Unfortunately it is still high in fat content due to the cream and egg yolks. Hopefully I can eliminate some of those as well. I have been researching various ways/ideas on making healthier ice cream. I am excited to try some variations to making a homemade ice cream that will be healthier to eat. Stay tuned for future experiments. I will document them all – the failures as well as successes 🙂