Happy Wednesday to you all!
Today is my first day back at work for the new school year….what! As you are reading this I am sitting in a meeting. A meeting that starts at 8:00 and will last until around 3:15ish.
That’s not the worst of it. Oh no, there’s more! Tomorrow is another meeting from 8:00 until around 3:15. Then guess what? Friday is another one from…..yep you guessed it 8:00 until 3:15!
What are they trying to do to us?
So you are getting a dose of Tuesday’s meals and snacks. Today I give you what I ate on the last day of summer break…..I love rhymes…..but it is also what I ate on my anniversary 🙂
- lemon-blueberry pancakes (recipe coming soon)
- broccoli & cheese lasagna (recipe coming soon)
- Kashi cereal
- fro-yo with boys (right after lunch)
- sandwich thin with peanut butter, banana, and cinnamon
- black bean burgers
- potato salad
DESSERT (hey it’s a special day!)
- watermelon-mint granita
As you already know, we celebrated our anniversary with a trip to the beach. We do this every year on the weekend before due to my school year starting the week of. Which is why we eat at home for our anniversary. I usually cook one of our favorite meals complete with dessert, but my heart just wasn’t in to spending all afternoon at the stove whipping up some seafood pasta dish, salad, bread, and dessert. So we decided on simple, summer foods this year. Beef burgers for the hubster, Mama Peas black bean burgers for me. They are A-MAZ-ING!
The hubster loves potato salad with his burgers so I whipped up a nice bowl of the stuff and served some wonderful watermelon mint sorbet for dessert! Super simple to make and very tasty.
- 1c water
- 2-3 packets of stevia
- handful mint leaves
- 5-6 cups of watermelon chunks
- Place water, stevia, and mint leaves on stove. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat to cool.
- Place watermelon into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain watermelon mixture into a bowl, strain water in, and stir.
- Place in the freezer and stir around every hour or so
See I told you it was super simple. If you do not have mint leaves no worry, just leave them out. This was perfect for a special meal on a summer day 🙂
Now please say a small prayer for me….all day meeting……new school…..new faces…..HELP!