It is a bit chilly here in the lovely state of Louisiana. It seems that the weather has decided to give us a slight taste of our winter. I say ours because for many people our weather now is their fall.
But since we are always ridiculously hot, I will take it. Of course I would love a little snow to go along with the weather. Perhaps some can be sent my way say….oh around early Thursday morn next week? That way they can cancel school and my holiday break can start early 🙂
Enough about the weather. Let’s talk men. Channing anyone? Oh yes please, I’ll take him along with Ryan and Josh. Drew apparently is not showing up anytime soon…..
Does your man like beef? Does you man like beer? Does your man like manly food? If you said yes to all three then oh boy have I got a man food treat for you today!
- breakfast – a nice bowl of banana whipped oat bran with pecan butter
- lunch – left over pizza and a yogurt
- snack – baked oatmeal with pecan butter
- dinner – BBB chili
So what is BBB chili – I usually just say triple B chili – Beef, Bean, and Beer! A sure way to please your man 🙂
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can light beer
- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion, pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and corn chips.
Now that my friends is sure to please any man! It looks like a lot, but considering that you basically throw it all in a pot and cook, so easy. Go ahead a run that bubble bath to soak in while it simmers, have the man start a fire, and then enjoy a nice big bowl of chili. At least that is what I did 🙂
Happy Wednesday to you all. Now head over to Jenn’s blog Peas and Crayons to enjoy more wonderful food filled posts.