The other night as I was sitting on the couch listening to the hubster snore while trying to watch tv, and I had the urge to bake something. Why? Probably because I haven’t baked in a while. So the wheels started turning. I had some frozen cookie dough in the freezer, chocolate chip of course, but I didn’t want something so full of sugar. It was close to nine after all!!
So I did what any good blogger would do. Make up my own recipe…..well no not exactly. I went to my fellow blogs for inspiration. I was in the mood for sweet and comforting. That is when I thought about the wonderful Lauren who blogs over at Lawfully Wedded Wife. She is such a wonderful baker. I knew I could get some inspiration from her.
Banana-Pecan Muffins (sugar free)- adapted from her mini blueberry banana loaves
- 2T butter
- 1/3 c. NuNaturals baking blend
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. lowfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. pecan pieces
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream the butter and baking blend together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, yogurt, vanilla, and mashed banana and mix until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flours, oats, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined. Fold in the pecans with a rubber spatula.
- Lightly grease two muffin pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes in the pan before flipping out onto a rack to cool.
Now give me a big ol’ glass of milk and I am set. To bad I couldn’t hear the tv for the hubster’s snore!!
This took care of the sweet tooth, as well as provided me with a wonderful healthy snack for the next several days. I placed my muffins in the fridge so as not to spoil due to dairy/fresh fruit being involved. Just pop one of those bad boys into the microwave for a few seconds, it gives you a delicious snack. As good as the ones that are fresh from the oven 🙂