Wow! I am speechless!! First and foremost I have to thank God for the wonderful blessings that he has given to me throughout my life. I would not be the blogger I am today if it wasn’t for his grace and love. Secondly I must thank my family. Without their support I wouldn’t be as interesting as I think I am, I love you guys. Thanks to all of the fans! Oh and my daily subscribers/readers. The people that I know I can count on for comments, feedback, support, and just good blogging material: Sam, Lauren, Jenny, Traci, Missy, Liz, Donna, Ali, Amanda, Annie, Justina, Steph……ok, ok – they are saying I have to wrap it up know. Thanks to all of you for your support. I am sure that I have forgotten to mention someone so please forgive me. Just know that I love all of you dearly!!
Yep, that would be my speech if I were to win a great award at an award show! I must laugh – I probably wouldn’t be able to get a word out if I truly had to go on stage, accept an award, and give a speech. I mean really, every one would laugh at my very red face 🙂
I have to give a great big thanks to Farrah for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. She is one of my daily readers, and I always look forward to reading her blog as well, and yes, I did “forget” to mention her name in the above speech purposely. Only because she totally deserves her very own person mentioning and a great big thank you. If you aren’t familiar with her blog then hop on over there after this to check her out, Farrah blogs over at Fairy Healthy Life!
The Versatile Blogger Award, is a way to introduce bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that the readers might not have discovered otherwise. Here’s how it works:
- – Thank the person who gave you this award.
- – Include a link to their blog.
- – Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- – Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (Don’t forget to tell the bloggers you nominated.)
- – Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 things about Helen…….
- I am the oldest of four children, and was the only girl for 22 years – my baby sister in 11!
- I waited 6 years after high school to attend college. I proudly now hold not one but two degrees – Bachelor’s and Master’s in CSD (basically I am a speech therapist)
- I have a fear of falling. I know crazy right! Let me clear it up. I have no problem with heights, as long as I am not required to walk down anything super high/steep! Those stairs in basketball/football arena’s are super scary to me!
- I would rather drink diet coke over water any day! I love diet coke, but I know that to drink it daily is not so great. So I drink mostly water with a diet coke thrown in the mix maybe once every week or two!
- I refuse to carry a purse that isn’t a name brand purse. I know it sounds snobish, horrible, “miss too good”ish, but I work hard! I feel that I deserve to be treated just as much as any other person, and darn it if I am paying for it why should it bother anyone else. I have never put myself in debt over fashion, I only purchase what I know I can afford at the time. I have often carried the same hand bag for a year or more before purchasing a new one. So why does my brand addiction bother other people????
- I am kind of the same way about shoes. I am sorry but honestly good shoes just last longer than cheap ones. So I would rather buy a great pair of shoes and have them for years as opposed to purchasing new ones every year (talking heels, sandals, wedges, etc). I obviously buy workout shoes more than once a year due to wear and tear. Don’t get me wrong I have a few pairs from target that I totally rock on occasion, but I love my higher quality shoes. This isn’t necessarily a name brand issue, more a quality thing!
- With that being said, I will totally buy cheaper clothes! I buy nice things as well, but I will proudly wear something purchased at Target in a heartbeat. Sounds crazy but give me cheap clothes but nice shoes and hand bags. Accessories totally make the outfit anyway, right???
So there you have it, 7 things about me that you didn’t already know. Or maybe you did, depending on who you are. Oh and Amanda I totally know you are laughing about our lovely hike up Diamond Head mountain in Hawaii!! That’s okay, I conquered it 🙂
Now for the nominees:
- I Married A Marine
- Lauren Loves Good Food
- Life Of A Happy Blonde
- Simply Be Me
- Running With Spatulas
- Healthiful Balance
- Naturally Sweet Recipes
- The Diva Dish
- I ❤ Vegetables
- Julie Goes Healthy
- Fail Sweetly
- The Walker Lady
- Lawfully Wedded Wife
- Fit Approach
- Caloric And Crazy
So there you go ladies, tag your it 🙂