There are few things in life that are totally worth time and effort. Sheesh, who am I kidding….there are many things in life that are worth time and effort!
Like children…..yeah they still haven’t figured out how to get them here any sooner than nine months!
Finding that perfect match…..well maybe not perfect match but a great balance!
And FOOD!! Oh glorious food, totally worth time and effort.
Food so flavorful that your taste buds sing….that is if taste buds could sing 🙂
- 2-3 egg whites (or the whole dang thing if you like)
- green, yellow, and red baby peppers – sliced/diced
- onion – diced
- 1T olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 3-4 corn tortillas – chopped
- sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté onions and peppers until tender.
- Beat the egg whites and pour into skillet with pepper mixture. Cook until almost done.
- Throw in diced tortillas and mix together, cook long enough to finish off the eggs.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, & salsa.
Now while this may not be the professional/correct way to cook migas, it is totally the quick and easy way. I love this combination. Of course anything with a southwestern flair has me from the first bite!
If you have never tried Migas before then I urge you to make this pronto. There is just something magical that happens when you add tortillas to the eggs. Trust me your taste buds will sing…..if taste buds could sing 🙂