I have been a little absent from the blog lately…….for various reasons. Kids, summer fun, no net service, work, etc. The list goes on. I would like to make it up to you. In the form of cake!
Now I can't give you cake, they have made the transfer then Internet option available…….yet. However, I can give you a recipe for the tastiest, easiest summertime cake ever!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can crime of coconut (ya know up piña colada stuff)
- 1 container of whipped cream
- 1-2 cups shredded coconut
- Mix cake according to box directions and bake……while this is going on open can of cream of coconut and mix well.
- When cake is baked use a fork to “punch” holes all,over the top…..I do mean all over!
- Pour the can of cream of coconut over the cake (or two cans if you really feel feisty).
- Place in fridge to cool completely.
- Mix cool whip and shredded coconut together, spread on top of cake and serve!
That is it! Easy, tasty, and totally addictive!!