TGIF – yeah I couldn’t resist that one. Not only is it Friday but a long weekend as well. Not only is it a long weekend but a holiday weekend.
Now if only that redunkulous tropical storm heading our way will friggin stop! Okay not stop because we do need rain for the marsh fire, but come on and get ya butt outta here!
I have plans. Plans that include outdoor time. Plans that include the sun. Plans that include water, just not the kind falling out of the sky.
But enough about the storm. Let’s play a game, shall we?
It’s the you say-I say game……you know you say tomato, I say tom(ah)(toe) game. Just a little different🙂
You say smoothie, I say sunrise
You say cupcake, I say take these away from me
You say pudding, I say chocolate all the way (made with avocado mind you) Angela you saved my snack time!
You say Advil, I say not strong enough (I kid I kid)
You say potato, I say yeah I’ve had them. I care not how friggin good they are, I need to chew!
But yes I will agree that they are tasty. Here is a peak at the ones I have been
enjoying forced to eat lately.
Sweet potato w/ cashew butter and maple
Helen, Naturally’s mashed potato surprise
- potatoes, diced
- 1T butter
- splash of milk
- cheddar cheese, small cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and place back in pot.
- Add the butter and milk then mash the potatoes. You can use a mixer if you like really smooth potatoes.
- Stir in the cheese cubes and green onions.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Okay I know it doesn’t sound like much but it is yum! There is just something about cheese (sigh). You want to be sure to stir in the cheese then leave them alone. If you mix it too much then you will just combine the cheese with the mashed potatoes, and we do not want that. Oh no. If that was the desired outcome then we would have made a cheese sauce. Instead we want those slightly melty little chunks with our bites. Trust me it is better this way🙂
Mama Pea’s Indian Shepherd’s Pie (from the book) – um yeah make this pronto! Oh thank you Mama Pea for saving my dinner🙂
Then you want to mix up a batch of Angela’s chocolate pudding. It is healthy. It is simple. It is divine!
I made a smaller batch by halving her original recipe. You can get the original recipe here.
- 2 avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1/3c maple syrup
- 1T smooth peanut butter
- 3T almond milk (I used 2 and it is thick….like frosting consistency…..I foresee more cupcakes)
- 1/2T corn starch
- 2T cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2c dark chocolate chips
- place all ingredients in the food processor except the chocolate chips
- turn on and process until you get a nice smooth, creamy texture (you may have to scrape down some green chunks)
- melt chocolate chips in microwave
- stir melted chocolate and avocado mixture in a storage bowl
- place in fridge and enjoy when you need a chocolate fix (un which could be every 5 minutes)
You say scrambled eggs, I say with Nacho
crack Mmmm sauce on top :)
I do believe I may be able to endure another day of not chewing with foods like these!